BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As Business Strategy Analyst you will work closely with stakeholders across the organization to measure and quantify business processes and performance and formulate strategic recommendations to improve business outcomes. This role will be instrumental in helping our business understand their performance against company objectives. You will work closely with the Strategy & Execution team to quantify growth opportunities and help guide our data-driven decision making.
What You’ll Do
- Operate as a high-throughput analytical resource for the Strategy & Execution team
- Partner closely with the Strategy & Execution team leaders and the broader Finance organization to understand key challenges and business opportunities as well as provide insightful reporting on performance trends
- Outline the strategic impact of business decisions and highlight opportunities for improvement and growth
- Develop and communicate insights within the Strategy & Execution team in a clear and concise manner
- Design and conduct analyses of business performance in order to optimize and improve investment outcomes
- Prioritize your time and effort to maximize impact on meeting key team objectives
Who You Are
- 1+ years in a data and/or financial analytics role or equivalent academic background
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills
- A quantitative mindset and passion for data and technology
- Ability to present data in a concise and digestible manner
- Some exposure to SQL for analysis and data manipulation is preferred
- Able to deal with ambiguity and problem-solve independently
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong work ethic and time management skill
- A Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (economics, statistics, business, computer science) or equivalent experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.