BigCommerce, named a 2018 Best Place to Work in Austin, is looking for a world-class leader for our Sales Operations team. The Director of Sales Operations will be responsible for building and leading the Sales Operations organization toward achievement of strategic goals, operational excellence, and achievement of sales targets.
You will be a key member of the sales leadership team, setting the overall strategic direction for Worldwide Sales Operations and driving the execution of quarterly and annual business plans that support rapid revenue growth and scalability of operations. Our ideal candidate has deep experience leading Sales Operations in rapid growth SaaS companies.
What You’ll Do
Develop and Lead our Sales Operations Strategy & Operations
- Jointly own accountability for achieving and exceeding monthly and annual sales targets, while also improving LTV:CAC each quarter.
- Partner with Sales leadership team to develop and implement strategies & tactics that improve the customer experience, sales productivity, internal NPS, process excellence, reporting and visibility, and scalable systems that support our rapid growth
- Responsible for implementing tools, processes, systems, reporting, and playbooks that assist us in maximizing bookings and LTV/CAC by driving improvements in sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in developing Sales team goals, strategies, plans, policies and improvement opportunities.
- Partner with People People (HR), Finance and senior sales leadership to design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales quotas and other sales objectives to ensure the company’s financial goals are allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Lead annual and quarterly strategic planning and goal setting process for Sales leadership, and manage the annual planning process in collaboration with FP&A.
- Develop, manage, and report on key bookings, pipeline, forecasting, activity, productivity, LTV:CAC, conversion, win/loss and other KPI’s.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of weekly, monthly and quarterly tracking and reporting on core business segments, growth initiative, strategic initiatives and major projects
- Manage the roadmap of key initiatives related to sales acceleration, sales optimization, expansion and retention.
- Measure performance of existing sales tactics against revenue objectives and leverage testing and experimentation to drive optimization.
- Collaborate with sales leaders and teams to develop and execute sales management disciplines and processes (territory assignment & reviews, weekly/quarterly forecast, QBRs, pipeline analysis and development, account planning, account assignments, quota/budget allocation).
- Support the development and ongoing maintenance of playbooks for each sales role
- Manage the development, implementation, and documentation of BC Sales SOP’s
Measure & Improve Sales Processes, Productivity and Technology
- Oversee operational sales logistics including optimizing resource allocation across sales teams and measuring progress against revenue target and key performance indicators.
- Implement and enforce processes and tools that will maintain integrity and accuracy of Salesforce.com data
- Responsible for the development, implementation, management, and improvement of sales on-boarding and training content, materials, curriculum plans, coaching and certifications
- Partner with cross functional groups and leaders (Business Applications, Marketing Operations, FP&A, BI, HR, Business Development, Professional Services, etc) to identify, develop and improve integrations, collaboration, reporting, processes and tools that are instrumental to achieving Sales objectives and improving cross-functional operations.
Lead a Team to Deliver Goals and Objectives
- Build, scale and lead a team of best-in-class Sales Operations talent.
- Lead the team responsible for selecting, implementing, operationalizing, monitoring, troubleshooting, supporting and improving sales applications & tools.
- Lead the team to design, develop and implement scalable, repeatable, data driven processes based on industry best practices.
- Ensure team effectiveness, efficiency and scalability including building reporting and managing metrics using Salesforce (and making recommendations on other measurement tools)
Who You Are
Successful Sales Operations Leader
- 10+ years of related experience (i.e. sales operations, finance, BI, sales, or general operations), including 5+ years leadership experience running Sales Operations at scale (sales team of 100+)
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university: MBA preferred.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to glean insights from processes, data, sales team feedback, industry best practices, continuous personal development, etc. to develop improved strategies for the BC Sales Operations and related functions
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and expertise within SaaS / Enterprise Software
- Strong acumen and experience with both highly transactional, inbound, inside sales models, and mid-market/Enterprise inside and field sales models.
- Business acumen in Marketing, Finance, BI, and professional services, with a particular strength in financial modeling/analytics.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Outreach, and other sales productivity tools, including best practices for use, integrations, reporting.
- Extensive experience with sales analytics including point of view of tools (ie. InsightSquared)
- Proven record of developing and implementing tactical initiatives that improve sales productivity, conversion rates, sales team performance and LTV:CAC
- Strong project and program management skills
- Intimate knowledge of sales forecasting, pipeline analysis, lead routing and follow-up best practices, outbound lead generation, pricing, contracting, RFPs, proposals, and reporting/analytics
- Experience developing and managing sales compensation plans, annual budgets, bookings and revenue models.
- Understanding of enterprise sales process, stages, methodologies and best practices. Strong working knowledge of Solution Selling a plus.
- Ability to utilize combined industry benchmarking information with a strong analytical capability to identify market trends and test alternative approaches that yield superior performance.