BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As Data Solutions Developer you will help lead the evolution of our data-driven decision-making at scale across the company. This role will be responsible for building, maintaining and supporting data warehousing solutions with an emphasis on creating automated and/or algorithmic approaches that reduce or replace manual effort. You will be instrumental in ensuring access to clean, consistent and logical data to stakeholders in a wide variety of roles.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain scalable scheduled jobs to extract, load and transform data, in addition to troubleshooting and fixing problems with existing processes.
- Connect and explore disparate data sources from production systems, business applications and third party data sources.
- Build and maintain data models, experiments, algorithms and related business and financial reporting logic
- Transform low-value datasets into highly structured and consistent data models for use by analysts, data scientists and reporting tools
- Work closely with data engineers, business system administrators, and operational leaders to ensure reliable data collection and measurement capabilities
- Make recommendations to improve technical systems and infrastructure
Who You Are
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a related role
- Technical background, preferably in data/analytics, with programming experience or education
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL skills are required
- Familiarity with ETL\ELT processes and common data transformation techniques (e.g. normalization and denormalization, string parsing, primary key generation)
- Exposure to database design, Amazon Web Services, or Linux command line a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Quantitative mindset and passion for data
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and goal-oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Will consider remote candidates
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.