BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2018 Best Place to Work in Austin, is searching for a Digital Project manager to join our team. Reporting to the Sr. Digital Strategy Manager, you will support key digital and web initiatives for the company, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders across Marketing, Web, and Product to complete digital marketing deliverables according to schedule, scope, and budget. The ideal candidate is well versed in anticipating, identifying, managing and communicating project risks and has excellent communication and relationship building skills. For this role, you will be primarily leading digital media engagements working with SEM, paid social, affiliate, web strategy and CRO teams. Understanding how digital media teams work along with marketing, creative and analytics teams will be key in successful delivery of multiple campaigns.
What You Will Do
- Work with a variety of different stakeholders within Marketing, Design, Product and Web to gain alignment and transform information into a cohesive plan to drive completion of digital and web deliverables
- Manage and optimize daily intake of digital and web content requests from stakeholders across Business Units, Channel Teams and Regions
- Set planning meetings, intake JIRA tickets, work with the design team on assets/creative, and help set up digital campaigns into platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Bing, Yahoo, YouTube, Rollworks, etc.
- Develop and facilitate digital and web project schedules
- Work closely with analytics team so reports are pulled and delivered according to schedule
- Partner with business and product stakeholders in identifying, managing and communicating key project risks and leading risk management strategies
- Develop, maintain, proactively track, and manage campaign milestones and deliverables
- Manage and control digital and web project scope, budgets, timelines, and calendar
- Drive project delivery through effective use of internal status meetings (i.e. coordinate and facilitate meetings, draft and issue timely agendas and minutes, and follow up on action items, etc.)
- Maintain, track, report, and understand variances in the project deliverables and timeline by working in close collaboration with business stakeholders such as marketing campaigns teams, design teams, product teams, and other project and operational managers
- Guide and manage digital and web business stakeholders, ensuring an effective and efficient cross-functional cooperation
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of digital and web project information including process and procedure documentation to meet business requirements
- Prepare project updates for meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and communications
- Lead cross-functional digital process improvements to help streamline campaign launch development and get campaigns into market faster
- Own and maintain digital and web project calendar, including documenting all processes and publishing a campaign launch calendar
- Work with media and marketing teams and finance to insure proper media billings and invoicing
- Work closely with agencies and digital teams as needed to ensure smooth hand off and execution of campaigns between internal teams and external partners
Who You Are
- 5+ years of related professional experience, including 3+ years of Project Management experience supporting cross-functional digital projects or teams in a fast-paced agency or SaaS, or comparable tech company environment
- You have experience with and strong understanding of project management tools such as Jira, Smartsheet, Confluence, MS Project or similar project management tools
- You will have had exposure to formal project methodologies, particularly agile and sprint planning, and are looking forward to honing your operational skills
- You thrive under deadlines and juggling multiple and competing priorities and have had experience on delivering online campaigns
- You have some experience putting together change orders, producing burn reports and tracking project expenses
- You are familiar with digital marketing channels and web UX/UI development, design and management basics
- Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and project risk factors
- Strong influencing skills and proven ability to get things done without formal authority
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct and timely communication and proven ability to foster important relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Professional maturity, composure, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Driver of change management, comfortable navigating ambiguity with the ability to find calm and structure in chaos
- PMP certification and/or SCRUM certification a plus
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.