BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, the fastest growing e-commerce platform in the world, is looking for a Director for our Enterprise Sales team. Powering over $1B in sales for more than 55,000 clients in 120 countries, BigCommerce is focused on empowering businesses of all sizes to sell more, sell faster, sell everywhere. In 2018, BigCommerce doubled the number of IR1000 and Fortune 1000 clients and this role is responsible for the continued scaling of that success in the Enterprise.
Reporting to our VP, Enterprise Solutions, the Director will drive our enterprise sales strategy and process leading a high powered team of experienced sales executives as well as carry a direct quota for our top named accounts. Ultimately, your insights and experience will be key to the performance of our sales organization as we look to rapidly accelerate our growth and, most importantly, the growth and success of our merchants.
What You Will Do
Drive revenue and growth
- Drive revenue through new merchant acquisition, meeting or exceeding all sales targets and performance metrics. This is a full-cycle sales role, serving as player coach responsible for the team quota and personally managing the relationships with our top (named) accounts.
- Leverage industry relationships to drive high value opportunities (i.e. Fortune 1000 companies)
- Develop a deep understanding of our product messaging, technology platform, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape
- Travel throughout your team's territories as needed to support their activities (~50%)
Lead a team of experienced sales professionals
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor experienced sales executives to maximize their individual potential and professional growth as well as ability to function effectively as a team
- Build a culture of accountability and urgency by transparently leveraging metrics and reporting to drive the right behaviors
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Support and assist sales executives with all aspects of the sales process including client presentations, proposals, contract negotiations, and final close
- Identify topics and partner with sales trainer to plan product and competitive training sessions
Represent the Enterprise segment as part of the Sales Leadership Team
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues, and broader team
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Partner with Account Management and Client Services team to provide new customers a seamless on-boarding experience
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the sales organization
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate and/or organizational policies
Who You Are
- Successful Software or SaaS Sales Leader
- 10+ years software or SaaS sales experience with a focus on consultative solutions selling
- 5+ years sales management experience in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment
- Successful track record of closing complex deals in highly competitive space
- Keen understanding of the SaaS model and e-commerce space required
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently leading teams to achieve quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Servant Leader - You are a proven servant leader with a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort and perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve.
- Sales Star and Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson with sales coaching/training skills and sales methodology knowledge who will be the role-model of sales excellence for the team. Your extensive experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great sales systems and process, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Master Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners across Product Development, Channel, Marketing, other sales channels.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technically Adept - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. You have deep understanding of Salesforce.com and CRM best practices and ideally have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools).
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- The ability to travel as needed (up to 50%)
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.