BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth. Named one of Australia's Coolest Company and Employer of Choice is looking for a Front End Engineer for our Sydney office who wants to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do:
- Build beautiful, scalable products and be an expert in the Front End domain
- Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling front end services
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
Who you are:
- You’re an experienced professional with 3+ years of experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- You are passionate about creating extraordinary web experiences by writing beautiful code.
- You have strong debugging abilities across all major browsers
- You're not biased toward a specific technology: finding the right tools for the job.
- You enjoy being apart of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers
- Need to have strong hands on coding experience on the following front-end skills
- Strong skills in CSS3 and HTML5
- Strong skills in Angular
- Have knowledge of site speed issues and web application performance
- Experience with Accessibility and building accessible websites
- Experience with building responsive and mobile first development
- Understanding of pattern libraries - Experience w/Internationalization
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) techniques desirable. Experience with UML, requirements gathering, use case analysis and object modeling
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills - collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate as necessary
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
(Posted on 18 January 2019)