BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Manager, Sales Development will lead and motivate a team of Sales/Lead Development Representatives in achieving objectives, ultimately increasing conversion and enabling exponential revenue growth. By leveraging your sales management and lead development experience, you’ll help define and drive the team’s strategy and process. Strong leadership attributes, domain experience in sales / lead development and a passion for changing people’s lives and democratizing commerce are top factors for success.
What You Will Do
- Attract, manage, develop, and lead a team of entry level and experienced Sales Development Representatives to maximize their individual potential, contributions, and professional growth
- Improve lead quality and volume and own success of team by meeting or exceeding all targets and performance metrics
- Lead process improvements, cost reduction efforts and tool development to improve the lead development process, reducing complexity and cost, while improving sales
- Fully participate in team objectives, programs & initiatives and promote team communication and buy-in
- Build excellent working relationships and collaborate with key business leaders, colleagues and broader team, particularly Sales Operations, Business Applications, Product, Engineering, Marketing, People People, Learning & Development, and Finance
- Act as a subject matter expert on BigCommerce products, services, value proposition, and key attributes of the best Bigcommerce clients
- Support and educate team on specific marketing programs, lead generation campaigns, and targeted sales activities
- Strive to exceed sales quota on a monthly basis through consistent pipeline review and analysis
- Provide support and direction for team’s efforts and resolve escalated client calls as needed
- Manage multiple concurrent high visibility lead conversion projects with high degree of accuracy
- Collaborate with other sales channels to increase internal business partner satisfaction and ensure key deliverables are met
- Assist broader leadership team in defining, planning and executing a holistic strategy for sales / lead development efforts that aligns with key revenue objectives
Who You Are
- 2-4+ years of lead development or inside sales experience, preferably in a SaaS or eCommerce environment
- 1-2+ years of leadership experience, with success in developing sales professionals
- Strong behavioral coaching style with emphasis on the 7-step sales process, personal accountability, and objective-based career growth
- Experience managing a team’s performance via Salesforce CRM, focusing on sales/call center metrics and transactional leading indicators
- Ability and deep desire to teach, coach, and lead by example
- Experience selling to SMB Market in a hyper-competitive industry
- Ability to work a complex inbound or outbound (sales development representative-derived) lead from initial call to close
- High level of organization and ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Passion for client service and satisfaction
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic, drive, ambition, self-motivation, and goal orientation
What You Know
- Keen understanding of the eCommerce space combined with strong business and sales acumen required; superior knowledge of the BigCommerce platform and ecosystem a strong plus
- Strong foundational understanding of SEO, SEM, Social, Display, etc.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a BIG plus
- Salesforce CRM; MS Excel; MS Word; Google Apps
- Strong written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills
- Coaching and skill development techniques
- Performance management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Superior time management skills
- Knowledge of negotiation techniques
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.