BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for an Office and Experience Coordinator who will create a lasting, positive impression on all individuals who walk through the BigCommerce office. In this full time, hourly position, you will act as the primary office support for a 70+ person office and champion the office’s cultural initiatives and activities. This position reports to the Director, Global Real Estate & Facilities.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the office reception area including opening the office on time daily, welcoming visitors personally and demonstrating a positive attitude at all times
- Support workstation & office moves and manage security badges
- Maintain & order business supplies as well as manage lunch & snack vendors
- Walk the office throughout the day straightening up as needed
- Perform mail support - send / receive / distribute mail
- Escalate maintenance issues for resolution
- Ensure empty desks are set up for visitors and marked accordingly
- Support office safety program
- Up to 50% of the role will include coordination & scheduling support for HR (i.e. recruiting, training, etc.)
- Support company and office culture and events (events may occur after normal business hours and/or on weekends which may require your presence before, during and after the event)
- Support onsite events for employees and outside guests. Assist the administrative team in doing the same for off-site events
- Complete adhoc projects as needed and all other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- This is an entry-level role, previous experience in hospitality or service industry preferred, administrative experience a strong plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong computer skills, including GMail, Google Docs, Microsoft Office applications
- Understand that opinions are often created by impressions and know how to make the right impression on visitors, peers, guests and candidates.
- Passionate about customer service
- Flexible, calm, and pleasant when addressing the unexpected
- Someone who lives in the details, thinks about processes and knows how to get and keep things organized
- Energized by interacting with people and enjoy playing a central role in the office
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.