BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for an Office & Experience Manager who thrives in a fast-moving environment as has a strong understanding of how office operations, environment and culture can impact all employees and visitors. In this full-time, hourly role, you will work across all levels in the company as a problem solver who brings practical solutions to common inquiries and requests regarding the facility. This position reports to the Director, Global Real Estate & Facilities.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Real Estate & Facilities on macro level facility goals and initiatives
- Plan and facilitate workstation and office moves including coordinating across departments
- Manage the office reception area including opening the office on time daily, welcoming visitors personally and demonstrating a positive attitude at all times
- Manage on-boarding & off-boarding employees including coordinating with IT
- Manage badge and Officespace systems - perform regular audits
- Manage business supplies ordering, lunch and snack vendors, ensuring ROI
- Coordinate and supervise building and office maintenance, including managing vendor relationships and service levels.
- Ensure office environment/facility provides for a positive employee and visitor experience
- Ensure empty desks are set up for visitors and properly marked
- Develop and manage office safety program
- Support company and office culture and events (events may occur after business hours and/or on weekends which may require your presence before, during and after the event)
- Manage onsite events for employees and outside guests by assigning the leading, planning, and execution responsibilities across the facility team. Assist the administrative team in doing the same for off-site events.
- Constantly look for opportunities to increase efficiency in standard processes and maximizing ROI on standard facility operation expenses.
- Complete adhoc projects as needed and all other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or 3+ years relevant office support role
- Strong computer skills, including GMail, Google Docs, Microsoft Office applications
- Understand that opinions are often created by impressions and know how to make the right impression on visitors, peers, guests and candidates.
- Passionate about customer service, employee experience and office culture
- Flexible, calm, and pleasant when addressing the unexpected
- Someone who lives in the details, thinks about processes and knows how to get and keep things organized
- Energized by interacting with people and enjoy playing a central role in the office
- Highly organized and collaborative problem solver
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.