BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a People Communications Technology Specialist who is a web developer, user experience focused, creative, ambitious, problem-solver, and collaborative individual to support our human resources knowledge management and talent acquisition marketing efforts in the areas of HR technologies building a strong employee experience through knowledge management systems and recruitment web services.
What You’ll Do
- Development of People organization’s intranet evolution to enhance the employee experience encompassing all pillars of People Knowledge Management, Web/Portal experience, Search and Self-Service.
- Driving engagement through online communications vehicles such as the People knowledge management portal, corporate career website and internal People Google drive.
- Develop, drive, socialize, and continuously improve content accessibility strategy.
- Partners extensively with business owners to execute page design and information architecture efforts from start to finish and is responsible for building interdepartmental relationships..
- Manage People organization web projects which include design, configuration, usability testing, data integration, development, and delivery of sites and systems.
- Facilitate all HR governance and compliance initiatives through development of technology solutions and structure.
- Support talent acquisition web presence through career site design and optimization including external passive talent penetration technologies.
Who You Are
- 2+ years web marketing communications experience focused on system design, configuration, and usability testing.
- Prior experience with enterprise wide knowledge management systems. Preferably Confluence.
- Experience with Web technologies and driving successful communications through new technology.
- Direct experience with communication using portal, social, and web technologies.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Experience in the launch and optimization of processes and programs designed to continuously improve service delivery.
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company
- Passion for technology, wide range of knowledge regarding tools and data that enable efficiency
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and analytical
- Self -starter and be able to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, open minded, and flexible to deal with occasional ambiguity
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a smile and a sense of humor
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.