BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in 2018, is looking for an experienced Senior Pre-Sales Solution Architect to take a high impact, high visibility role facilitating the sales growth of the company. This person will work closely with our sales teams throughout the sales process, assisting with product demonstrations, recommending solutions and providing industry and product expertise to our prospects.
In addition, the Senior Pre-Sales Solution Architect will act as a product evangelist, educating the sales team on product, implementation, training, and services best practices. The ability to demonstrate our solutions both in virtual and live meetings is required, as is ensuring that our sales team members have the technical support they need throughout the sales cycle. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What You’ll Do
- Educate prospects on BigCommerce solution by providing a consultative, best practices approach including analysis and analytics to match prospect’s business and technical requirements
- Conduct needs analysis and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls and site visits with our sales team
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues
- Become a trusted advisor and the voice of our prospects and partners to the Sales and Marketing teams
- Work closely with the sales team to respond to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address the client’s requirements
- Support our partner ecosystem, including Design and Technology partners, in developing custom solutions to meet prospect needs
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Client Services, and Marketing teams to ensure that newly released features are understood and continue to strengthen our value proposition.
- Lead initiatives to facilitate smoother and faster sales cycles as well as higher win rates.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, for usually 1-2 days per visit to support prospects, partners, and industry events.
Who You Are
- 3+ years Sales/Solutions Engineering experience in a relevant market
- BA/BS in technology or equivalent experience required
- Comfortable with a consultative presentation to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience.
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways.
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills with a passion for winning
Job Opened Date: 4.24.2018