BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, San Francisco & Sydney, BigCommerce and has now expanded to Northern Europe and is looking for a London based Sales Representative seeking a unique career opportunity to acquire new merchants and drive revenue at one of the most exciting companies in tech.
The ideal candidate is an expert on e-commerce retailers, particularly those in the UK. This stand-out star should be an exceptionally talented seller with the natural ability to “walk in our customer's shoes.” A strong entrepreneurial mindset to quickly execute and iterate as well as excellent communication and time management skills will be paramount to being successful in this role.
What You’ll Do
Consistently Achieve Quotas and Objectives
- Drives sales revenue by acquiring new small business and emerging enterprise merchants. This is a full cycle (introduction to close) sales position.
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presentation/demonstration of the product, and closing warm leads generated by marketing and sales development.
- Work closely with BigCommerce Regional Channel Account Managers, Account Executives, and Sales Engineers to drive awareness and utilization of the many product solutions that help our merchants grow their online business.
- Employ established sales methodology to push beyond gatekeepers, reaching and providing information to the right people at the right time in the right way and adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization).
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, effectively coordinating resources for implementation, educating partners and merchants, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
Be the Expert
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in internet technology and eCommerce
- Possess a deep understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, partners, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of our best Merchants and provide eCommerce industry information to clients regarding web design, online marketing (SEO, PPC, Email Marketing, Google Analytics), e-commerce strategies, etc.
- Draw upon your experience and intellect to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done.
Advise Internal and External Stakeholders
- Think like a CEO - communicate with the management team and team members to increase client satisfaction and conversion and drive overall sales improvements.
- Act as a leader in helping drive UK market success working cross-functionally with all business units to ensure UK business is represented and supported effectively.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas to the Sales Leadership Team to grow revenue, increase client satisfaction and conversion, and drive overall improvements.
Serve as a Role Model
- Serve as an individual contributor leader, role modeling best practices for less experienced peers and navigating complex conversations with business and technical stakeholders.
Who you are
- Sales Professional
- 3+ years sales or account management experience, including at least 1 year in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment in a $50M+ software, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription-based company
- In possession of a firm understanding of eCommerce, 3rd Party Applications, and business models to help position solutions to savvy eCommerce store owners
- Experience prospecting into trials and early enterprise accounts.
- Strong understanding and use of proven sales process and pipeline management methodologies
- You are able to work independently (Position reports to a U.S. based manager).
- Must have the ability to utilize remote (U.S. based) support channels. E.g. the use of chat, email, slack, and calls.
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Talented Seller - You thrive on challenges and have a demonstrated ability to drive complex sales with all stakeholders, including executive management and technical teams, and have successfully, consistently achieved quotas and objectives within the acquisition-driven business.
- Coach - You possess developing leadership skills and a strong knowledge of sales methodology, positive attitude, and a deep desire to develop people and grow their careers in a supportive, yet accountable, work environment.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Business Savvy - You possess a technical understanding of software and the e-commerce space, have a high degree of business and sales acumen, and provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Persuasive Master Communicator - You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills - it is a sales job. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client relationship skills are critical.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Efficient and Attentive - Excellent organization and time management skills and are able to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Driven - You are a results-oriented closer with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Solution Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
- Confident - You’ve mastered the art of the cold open, have developed skills for overcoming objections, and have a healthy approach to handling rejection.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Comfortable using technology - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools) a big plus.
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.