BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Engineer (SE) to take a high impact, high visibility role facilitating the sales growth of the company. The SE works closely with our Account Executives throughout the sales process assisting with product demonstrations, recommending solutions and providing industry and product expertise to our prospects. In addition, the SE acts as a product evangelist, educating the sales team on product, implementation, training and services best practices. Demonstrating our solutions both in virtual and live meetings is required as is ensuring that our Account Executives have the technical support they need throughout the sales cycle. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What You’ll Do:
- Educate prospects on BigCommerce solution by providing a consultative, best practices approach including analysis and analytics to match prospect’s business and technical requirements
- Conduct needs analysis and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls and site visits with our Account Executives
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues
- Become a trusted advisor and the voice of our prospects and partners to Sales and Marketing teams
- Work closely with the Account Executives to respond to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address client’s requirements
- Support our partner ecosystem, including Design and Technology partners, in developing custom solutions to meet prospect needs
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Client Services, and Marketing teams to ensure that newly released features are understood and continue to strengthen our value proposition.
- Lead initiatives to facilitate smoother and faster sales cycles as well as higher win rates.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, for usually 1-2 days per visit to support prospects, partners and industry events.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years Sales/Solutions Engineering experience in a relevant market
- BA/BS in technology or equivalent experience required
- Comfortable with consultative presentation to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience.
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways.
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills with a passion for winning
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.