BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The BigCommerce Control Panel powers the merchant experience. We build scalable and performant applications that enable merchants to manage and run their business in a single location. We’re focused on continuously improving the merchant experience and extending its capabilities with internationalization, responsive and easy to use UI/UX, and better tools that assist in the day to day tasks of managing an online presence. The merchants on our platform transact billions of dollars in orders and we routinely handle Black Friday and Cyber Monday without a hitch.
What You Will Do?
- Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies.
Advocate for modern development practices and tools.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling front-end services
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
Who You Are?
- Experienced professional with 5+ years of experience building amazing things that speak for themselves
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Passionate about creating extraordinary web experiences by writing beautiful code
- Strong debugging abilities across all major browsers
- Can work efficiently in large codebases and know how to keep code modular and decoupled
- Not biased toward a specific technology: open to finding the right tools for the job
- Enjoy being a part of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers
- You have experience working with backend technologies such as PHP, Ruby, Scala, and Node
- Strong skills in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (SCSS, LESS)
- Knowledge of how to improve site speed and web application performance
- Knowledge with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines
- Experience in building a mobile first & responsive web
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of version control. (git)
- Understand pattern libraries and design systems
- Experience with internationalization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills - collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate as necessary.
Curious What We’ve Been Up To?
- Our teams have designed and built single page applications to support the following merchant needs:
- Analytics - Merchant analytic data
- Dashboard - Store performance information (order/customer/product/category counts as well as counts and revenue by individual channels)
- Storefront Settings - Logo and Favicon image management functionality
- Tax - Manage settings and tax configuration
- Search - Lightning fast search functionality, migrated from MySQL to ElasticSearch
- Onboarding - Newly redesigned merchant onboarding. A uniquely tailored merchant experience helping the merchant get their store configured and open for business
- Our teams often partner with our infrastructure and site reliability teams to work on infrastructure and reliability related projects such as ElasticSearch upgrade and migration
- Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
- We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
- Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.