BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses, and our Engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform.
Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco and Sydney offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost of our more heavyweight competitors to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for Front End Engineers who want to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do:
- As a Front-End engineer, you will have the opportunity to build beautiful, scalable products and be an expert in the Front End domain. You will build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies, partnering with our product and design teams to define features and timelines. You will have the opportunity to engage in technical discussions of new solutions and architectures leveraging modern practices and tools
- You will have the opportunity to support and inspire other engineers both locally and across the globe to build the best e-commerce platform on the planet
Why we are excited about you:
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS or equivalent degree, or has relevant work experience
- You have working knowledge of one or more of the following: React, Angular, Vue, Ember, PHP, Java, Ruby
- You have a passion for front end development, a laser focus on the customer experience, and a desire to make your work sing
- You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- Passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools. You’re most interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job
- Excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, in person, over slack or email, or in a code review
- You own your work and hold yourself responsible for results
- You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed
- Enjoy your work and the team you work with. You think terrible puns are funny and you would poke fun at your manager because they can’t spell
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.