Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end users? BigCommerce, named one of Australia’s Coolest Companies in 2018 has an exciting full time opportunity for someone like you!
We’re in search of a Senior Technical Project Manager for our Sydney office to work with our local software development teams and global stakeholders in product, marketing, and sales.
Our PMO team leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute on our global roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on time, within budget and scope
- Manage your daily activities of scope management, project and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication
- Perform Scrum Master duties including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and release planning.
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions
- Apply your hard-earned experience - battle scars and all - to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and Google Apps
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in web-technologies, a technical project manager leading medium to large software development projects
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma)
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver: You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details up front. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.