BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Our Partner Enablement Manager draws on their deep sales, product and ecosystem knowledge to develop and deliver training, incentives, support, and enablement programs to generate revenue and maximize the impact of our strategic partnership efforts.
In addition, the Partner Enablement Manager is a key daily connection between BigCommerce and our Partner sales organizations to ensure joint selling success as well as a sense of teamwork. This person will be measured against a set of success criteria, including revenue growth, process alignment, and partner satisfaction.
What You’ll Do
- Create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of the cross-functional sales enablement programs in conjunction with SBD Partner Managers, Product Management, SBD Marketing, and Learning & Development: for partner organizations and for BigCommerce teams.
- Be an onsite resource for partner sales organizations with responsibilities ranging from group training, individual coaching, or open office hours to help exponentially grow sales activities between the partner and BigCommerce.
- Engage with BigCommerce sales team members and partner sales team members daily to field questions, assist in the sales process, and unstick issues related to a strategic partner leads alongside Partner Managers.
- Perform detailed needs assessments in coordination with the Partner Manager, Marketing, Client Support, Business Development, and Operations. Translate business needs into training, incentives, support, and enablement programs such as email campaigns or changes to partner marketing (banner pages, blogs, training, etc.)
- Measure partner sales enablement ROI by work with Partner Managers to design, implement, and provide regular and ad hoc reporting on KPIs related to impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility.
- Develop and facilitate Partner based train-the-trainer activities, including but not limited to: new hire training and on-boarding, sales skills, and tools training.
- Assist in the development of the master plan and calendar for sales enablement activities throughout the year, including incentives, communications, and marketing.
- Develop strong relationships with Partner Sales and Client Support leaders to ensure alignment, gather information, and provide feedback.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years of technology sales, partner management, or business development experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Experience within an eCommerce organization driving the adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients preferred. Technical Sales Engineering
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills are critical.
- Action-Oriented - You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Eager Student - You have a passion for learning, open to change, and pick up new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know-how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner - Your have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily develop and maintain schedules.
- Driven - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 50% travel (~25 weeks annually) to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at locations (depending on the project).
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.