A platform that simplifies complexities
“At the top of our list we were looking for a payment experience where customers could get in and out seamlessly,” said Grieco. “Also, with our largest distributors being in the Middle East, South Africa and Asia, multi-language capability was a very important criteria for our next ecommerce solution to have.”
But that wasn’t all Jeff and the Brock’s team were looking for in a new ecommerce solution. Other criteria included:
- A platform that could grow with the company and handle all the complexities of a world-class website,
- The ability to market to six different and unique customer types,
- A stable tech environment,
- The ability to use product options,
- Growth opportunities without hassle.
After vetting several providers, Brock’s selected BigCommerce over Shopify and Magento.
“I just felt that we needed a platform that would grow with us,” said Grieco. “BigCommerce was the platform that not only met our criteria, but also helped us take things up a notch with its built-in native features and customisable templates. And it gave us the ability to have different price structures for different customer types, which was really a crucial feature for us to have,” Grieco said.
Although a robust platform, the simplicity of BigCommerce enabled the Brock’s team to build the first iteration of its new online store in-house, and in February 2018, the company launched on BigCommerce.
“We had 15 employees when we launched on BigCommerce. It’s the same today, yet, as a business, we’ve doubled in size. I thought about it for a moment and then the light bulb went off. We were able to focus on what we do best: making motorcycles go fast and getting new products to market. What we were mired down with prior to BigCommerce was IT stuff, server stuff, making sure that we were always compliant with internet protocols, and maintaining our own website,” Grieco said. “Once we were relieved of all that through BigCommerce, we were able to take those 15 people and move them into more business growth, marketing and other strategic positions.”
“BigCommerce was the platform that not only met our criteria, but also helped us take things up a notch with its built-in native features and customisable templates.”
Vice President, Brock’s Performance
Adding on the parts that enhance the ride
The flexibility of the BigCommerce platform allows Brock’s to add high-octane parts to extend and further power its website. Integrations to Facebook and Instagram enable the company to present products to its fans and followers on social media. And FavSEO enables the company to edit, analyse and optimise the title and meta description of all its products, categories and pages in one place.
Other Notable Apps & Integrations:
- Rewind automatically backs up important store data, including: products, product details, product images, themes, customers, and orders.
- Google Shopping by Sales and Orders boosts traffic and increases sales by automatically building and submitting a product feed to get a merchant’s catalog live on platforms such as Google and Facebook/Instagram.
- Klaviyo is a customer relationship management tool that enables merchants the ability to connect and create memorable experiences with their customers.
- Implementation Project Manager
- Customer Success Manager
- SEO Audit